What does the program look like?
- The entire program is pick-your-own with the exception of specialty goods. With this package, you will receive 4 “Punch Cards,” either in half or full share allotments.
- A full share equals $30 worth of produce designed for a family.
- A half share equals $15 worth of produce designed for 1-2 people.
- “Punch card” system means you come when convenient and does not have to be consecutive weeks. You can purchase another punch card once you run out. No limit to punch card renewals.
- The Farm is located near Creeds Elementary School in Virginia Beach (approx 30 min from Oceanfront, Chesapeake, Hilltop, & Town Center).
- Schedule your picking time in advance by calling 757-301-1245 or via email email@example.com
- You choose the window of availability that works best for you each week.
- Earn reward points with your subscription.
Scroll through the picture gallery to see some of what we have (will have).
A typical June harvest will include some combination of: spring mix, arugula, spinach, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, chives, kale, beets, carrots, green beans, zucchini, medicinal herbs, culinary herbs and cut flowers.
In July expect blueberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, squash, zucchini, carrots, green beans, basil and other culinary herbs, medicinal herbs (elderberry, etc), and cut flowers.
In August expect potatoes, cucumbers, squash, okra peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, melons, zucchini, medicinal herbs, culinary herbs and cut flowers.
In September expect potatoes, cucumbers, squash, okra peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, melons, zucchini, medicinal herbs, culinary herbs and cut flowers.
Vegetables continue in rotating availability through October.
This is an incredible way to get outside and connect with your food.. we will show you how to identify the vegetables, how to identify when the vegetable is ready to be picked, and you will also reap the grounding benefits of being outside!
See you on the farm!!!!
~ Farmer Ashley