The flu is the furthest thing from fun, but getting prepared to fight it off can be!
Today during farm school, we decided to break some rules and play with our food!! I guess it’s okay if you’re building up your immune system, right?
Using our Elderberry Herbal Syrup Kit and gelatin, we whipped up yummy gummies the whole family can enjoy! Check out the recipe by Wellness Mama below:
– 1 cup elderberry syrup
– 1/2 cup hot water (not boiling)
– 1/4 cup Gelatin powder
– 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil for greasing pan, glass container, or silicon molds
1. Grease molds or glass pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
2. Place 1/4 cup of cooled elderberry syrup in a 2 cup measuring cup and add gelatin powder.
3. Quickly whisk together to temper the gelatin powder.
4. Add the ½ cup of hot (not boiling) water and stir quickly until smooth.
5. Add the rest of the elderberry syrup and stir or whisk until completely smooth.
6. Pour in to molds and put in fridge for 2 hours or until completely firm.
7. Pop out of molds and store in air tight container with parchment paper between layers.
8. Take daily as needed to avoid flu or take every few hours to help beat the flu faster.
9. Will last up to a week in the fridge in an air tight container.
Grab a kit, your family, and make some gummies!